The materials gathered for this workshop included:
- Hats, watches and trimmings from The Attic, Baker's Yard, Alphinbrook Road, Alphington, Exeter EX2 8RG
- More hats from charity shops
- Net, silver trimmings, gold card, ribbons and black fascinator bases from Exeter Scrapstore
- Nuts, bolts, chains, tools
- Material and leather pieces
- a clock
Here's what's on the marvellous topper:spectacles
2 green buttons
piece of a silver sock
a white metal clip
Here's the steampunkhat workshop in St Paul's
|Steampunk hat workshop|
St Paul's Church was open for the Devon Historic Churches Day
The newly completed Starcross Wall Hanging was on display. Village organisations and residents have each made a square. This is living history.
A leaflet about the history of Starcross Church was given out. St Paul's Church was originally the Holy Trinity Church in Chapel Hill in Exmouth. This church became too small for the increasing congregation, so it was demolished, and the stone was shipped to Starcross to build the Victorian St Paul's.
Photographs and comprehensive information about the history of Starcross was on a side table.